PayMotion, Inc. (“PayMotion,” “us”, “we”, “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy and integrity of information entrusted to us. PayMotion provides card processing and related services and products to businesses (collectively “Payment Services”). PayMotion’s business clients sell goods and/or services to their consumer and business customers using PayMotion’s Payment Services. PayMotion’s Payment Services are provided only to its business clients. The Payment Services are not for use by individual consumers; however, our business clients may share consumer personal information with us.
Protecting the privacy of users of our Site and the privacy of personal information obtained as a result of the use of our Payment Services is a priority for us. We have implemented security measures to ensure your information is protected, including secure networks and servers that are accessible to a limited number of employees and industry standard encryption technologies for our receipt and transfer of sensitive information.
II. Personal Information Collected
Personal information is generally recognized as information relating to a living individual who can be identified from that information or from that information and other information which is in our possession or is likely to come into our possession and includes any expression of opinion about the individual and any indication of our intentions or the intentions of any other person in respect of the individual.
The personal information we collect permits us to conduct our business, including the marketing, sale and provision of our Payment Services. Personal information we collect, store and use will vary depending on the nature of our interaction with you and/or the Payment Services you use. Personal information includes, without limitation:
- Full name;
- Date of birth or age;
- Contact phone numbers (mobile, landline, fax);
- Physical address;
- Email address;
- Financial account details such as your credit or debit card number and/or bank account details;
- Employment and income details;
- Identification details such as social security number (or tax identification number), passport and/or national ID card information;
- Credit check results;
- Background check results including criminal background checks; and
- Ownership interests in companies and businesses.
We may collect, store and use personal information of, without limitation, the following:
- our business clients’ beneficial owners, directors, shareholders, key employees, other representatives, vendors and/or suppliers;
- our business clients’ customer who purchases goods and/or services using the Payment Services; and
- our vendors, suppliers and/or contractors and their respective beneficial owners, directors, shareholders, employees, other representatives.
Social security numbers will be collected only when necessary to conduct our business and in compliance with applicable law. We limit access to social security numbers to only those who need it to perform their job duties. Social security numbers will not be shared with third parties unless there is a legitimate business “need to know,” in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, and provided the third parties have a contractual or legal duty to appropriately protect the social security numbers. Social security numbers may be collected and disclosed for the purposes of:
- performing identity verification, sanctions list screening, and any other screening and checks required by law and applicable to the business in which PayMotion engages;
- obtaining credit reports to determine eligibility to receive PayMotion’s Payment Services;
- meeting any government agency reporting requirements; and
- as otherwise permitted, authorized or required by state or federal law.
A refusal to provide your social security number where requested by PayMotion may result in PayMotion being unable to offer or continue to provide Payment Services to you or the entity you represent.
III. When Personal Information May Be Collected
We may collect your personal information:
- when you visit our Site and request information about our Payment Services;
- when you respond to questions on a form (including without limitation an application for Payment Services) posted on our Site or otherwise provide us with responses to a form related to our Payment Services;
- when we conduct “know your customer” and “due diligence” checks on you;
- from third parties working with us to perform certain functions including, without limitation, facilitating our “know your customer” and “due diligence” procedures, facilitating the provision of services to you, providing fraud prevention services;
- in the course of providing Payment Services to you;
- in the course of administering our relationship with you;
- when you seek assistance from us, provide us with feedback or contact us by phone, email, fax or in any other manner;
- when you offer to provide us with goods and services; and
- where we are otherwise authorized or required by law to do so.
IV. How We Use the Personal Information Collected
We (or our affiliates or vendors who are under contractual confidentiality requirements) use and may disclose the personal information we collect for business purposes such as:
- to respond to requests for more information on the Payment Services we offer;
- for underwriting, risk assessment, approval and set up purposes with respect to the Payment Services you request from us;
- to identify and communicate with you;
- to facilitate and complete our business clients’ authorized payment transactions for you;
- to investigate, verify and combat fraud and/or suspected money laundering or other illegal activity;
- to manage and administer any account you may have with us;
- to respond to any questions or complaints you have;
- to comply with applicable international, federal, state and local laws including, without limitation, card association rules and credit reporting laws, and requests from any court, governmental body or authority in any jurisdiction;
- in connection with legal or anticipated legal proceedings;
- to defend our legal rights including, without limitation, providing information to third parties for the purposes of reducing credit risk and fraud prevention;
- to notify you about changes to our Payment Services or changes to our contract terms and conditions;
- to conduct statistical analytics and for business reporting in relation to our services, provided the information is aggregated and anonymized such that no individual can be identified from the information, even when combined with other information;
- to administer our Site and for internal operations including, without limitation, data analytics, testing, research, troubleshooting;
- for business purposes including audit, backup, maintenance and keeping the Site secure;
- to improve the functionality and quality of the Site;
- for our promotion and marketing purposes including, without limitation, sending you information we believe you would find interesting or helpful by mail, email or similar technology; and
- to make recommendations or suggestions to you and other Site users about services or products that may be of interest.
In some instances, our systems use automated processing, including profiling and automated decision-making that is not optional.
If you have provided personal information to us in conjunction with a request for information about our Payment Services, you consent to PayMotion using your personal information to send you marketing and other promotional materials about us and our Payment Services and about third parties’ related services and products, now and in the future. Further, you consent to us sending such information by direct mail, email, and text messages (both SMS and MMS messages).
In the event the assets of PayMotion are sold or otherwise transferred (such as in bankruptcy), your personal information may be transferred to the successor in interest to PayMotion. Prior to such occurrence, you will be notified of such transfer and any opt-out rights you may have.
V. When We May Disclose Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- third parties including, without limitation, our contractors, agents and representatives that provide services and products to us or through us, assist us in providing services to you, or assist us in maintaining and administering our business;
- our employees, agents, affiliates and others with whom we have a business relationship who have a need to know the information to fulfill their business responsibilities;
- your nominated representative;
- our professional service providers including accountants, financial advisors and attorneys;
- regulatory authorities (government and otherwise) and other organizations as authorized or required by law such as the police and/or credit card associations;
- analytics and search engine providers that facilitate the improvement and optimization of our Site; and
- a potential and/or actual purchaser of our business or any of our assets or in the event of our insolvency to third parties involved in the insolvency proceeding.
In some circumstances, your personal information may be transferred, disclosed, stored, processed or used across borders or overseas by us, our affiliates or by third party service providers. By providing your personal information to us, you consent to your information being transferred, disclosed, stored, processed or used across borders or overseas.
VI. Securing Your Personal Data
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and when held on our computer systems, which may include, among other security mechanisms and technologies, encryption, physical access security, limited access servers, and other procedural security measures. We take reasonable precautions to protect the information that has been collected and to safeguard the servers where such information is stored.
No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information to us is at your own risk. Once we receive your personal information, we employ strict security features to try to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information.
We store your personal information only as long as it is reasonably necessary after taking into account:
- the length and scope of our contractual relationship with you;
- the volume and type of your payment transaction activity;
- our anticipated need to respond to questions or demands from you, your representatives, our contractors, agents, representatives or affiliates, law enforcement, governmental authorities, or other entitled parties;
- our need to resolve problems; and
- our need to assess and improve our services and products.
Accordingly, we may retain your personal information for a reasonable time after you stop using our services and products, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
VII. Third Party Websites
VIII. Social Media Widgets
IX. Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
X. Policy Modifications
XI. Acceptance of Terms
XII. This Site is Not Intended for Persons Under the Age of 18
XIII. Contact for Questions, Concerns and Complaints
- by email at privacy@PayMotion.com; or
- by writing us at: 102-3962 Borden St., Victoria, BC V8P 3H8, Canada
We will investigate any concerns and complaints and will advise you of the outcome of our investigation.
102-3962 Borden St.
Victoria, BC V8P 3H8