Heading Compliance and reporting to the CEO, you have subject matter expertise in the credit card compliance environment. You will ensure the company operates in a compliant manner according to relevant payments and gateway laws, rules and regulations. You will be adept at implementing, monitoring and enforcing compliance measures across the organization and be the key point of contact to interface with relevant regulatory and compliance bodies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to, implement and administer a robust Compliance Management Program
- Advise Senior Management with respect to all compliance and regulatory requirements
- Provide oversight of all relevant regulatory and ongoing compliance measures
- Contribute key knowledge of applicable payments business rules and regulations, including but not limited to FTC and card network operating requirements. Familiarity with ISO processing an asset.
- Manage all aspects of compliance with the BSA/AML policy and coordinate day-to-day activities designed to ensure the expectations of gateway partners and acquiring banks are met in regard to the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA PATRIOT Act, and OFAC
- Develop, maintain and revise policies and procedures for compliance
- Oversight of merchant underwriting and monitoring
- Oversight of fraud prevention and mitigation strategies and practices
- Monitoring of client complaints
- Provide cross company training for employees on compliance issues and regulatory requirements
- Take ownership of and be the primary point of contact for compliance matters with our gateway partners; reporting, updating and communicating in a timely manner
- Serve as the primary compliance point of contact for all regulatory bodies; participating and overseeing compliance audit processes as required
- Oversee chargeback metrics and transaction monitoring and take actions where necessary
- Monitor and review legal trends and changes in all applicable laws
- Build relationships with other department managers in an effort to improve their understanding of compliance management
- Investigate and communicate with appropriate personnel regarding any issue which may be a concern; resolve concerns and communicate resolutions in a timely manner
- Consult with legal counsel or experts as needed on matters of compliance
- Prepare monthly dashboard and ongoing reporting
- Participate in companywide strategic planning and weekly department meetings
- Oversight of the Compliance & Fraud Team, performance metrics for the Fraud Manager and insight of performance of entire team
- Contribute to the PCI Compliance Management program
- Embody and live our corporate values, instilling confidence as a leader
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 7 years of Compliance, AML, risk management or similar experience preferably in the financial services or payments industry.
- Current knowledge of payments business rules and regulations, FTC rules, Visa and Mastercard operating requirements.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to supervise direct reports
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Strong project management and collaboration skills
- Strong self-confidence, good judgment and the ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision and successfully meet established deadline requirements
- Strong problem solver
- Outstanding initiative, communication skills (verbal and written), attention to detail and organizational skill required.
- Demand the highest ethical standards from self and others
To submit your resume and application, please email email@example.com quoting Director Compliance in the Subject Line.
PayMotion is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for review will be contacted.